Whatever happened to the days when the best of the best ended up running against each other for the office of President of the United States?
Now we have one guy who was at one time so arrogant that he thought he could just walk up to any woman and start kissing her while grabbing her at her crotch. And on the other hand, we have a woman so negligent that she ended up getting some pretty honorable dudes killed in Benghazi and, more recently, ended up carelessly handling national security documents.
So how in the world is a voter supposed to decide between the likes of these two?
Well, you probably already saw the answer in my article’s headline: Vote on the lesser of the two evils.
When doing so, it is important to consider the issues as well as the individuals. Benjamin Franklin used to make a list of pros and cons when it came to making tough decisions.
Some of the biggest issues to consider:
- Illegal immigration
- Obamacare Insurance
- Foreign Relations
- War on Terror Against ISIS
- Various Others
Some of the biggest things to consider about the candidates:
Donald Trump Pros:
- Very Shrewd and Keen Business Person
- Very Transparent (Too Much So, if You Listen to His Opponents)
Donald Trump Cons:
- Very Crass and Unpolished
- Very Impulsive with His Words
- Checkered Past Where His Attitude with Women is Concerned
- Not Much Experience in Politics
Hillary Clinton Pros:
- She Possesses a Wealth of Experience in Politics
- Her Experience as a First Lady Could Come in Handy as the First Woman President
Hillary Clinton Cons:
- Her Connection to White Water Turns the Stomach of Many Americans
- Her Negligence in Past Positions Tarnish the Faith Many Americans Have for Her
- As Secretary of Defense, she neglected some very important emails which could have saved several lives in Benghazi.
- She was recently discovered as having government documents on her own personal server in violation of national security doctrine. Evidence points to the fact that her aide was tipped off that an investigation was forthcoming and was instructed to “dump the emails sooner rather than later”.
- Despite the fact that she has taken opportunity to bash Trump for sexually-insensitive comments he had made several years prior, many of her supporters conveniently forget that she once legally defended a rapist who had raped a 12-year-old girl.
- There is suspicion as to how the FBI suddenly halted the investigation into her emails. Many believe that she may have bribed an official to “make the problem go away”. With her background in politics, it is certainly not too hard to believe she would be able to have enough clout to pull something like this off.
There are probably more pros and cons on both of these sordid individuals. But I’m a working stiff with limited time to research. These are the biggest things that stand out as far as I can see.
Our country has been through the ringer over the past several decades. Our economy is in the tank. Our nation is not as well respected as it once was many years ago. Something has to change…and change for the BETTER. We need a leader who can make it happen. So it is up to us to vote for who we believe can do it.
I’ve already made my mind up as for whom I will vote this Tuesday. Now it is up to every other American to do the same thing. If you don’t like either individual, you may want to consider just how much you don’t like them. Maybe one of them you cannot stand enough to see in office. Either way, it may be in your best interest — as well as the rest of the nation — to go ahead and get out…and vote!