Most, if not all women, have heard the old saying: All men are dogs!
But as men, we all know this is simply not true. Because how can we be dogs when dogs are man’s best friend?
I propose that all men have an inner dog within him. The dog comes out more and more as we go through puberty and beyond. From there, it is up to us to eventually tame this dog lest it wrestle control from our general psyche, making us do and say foolish things that we may or may not live to regret. Some men want to let the dog run free and hump the leg of every beautiful woman who crosses his path. Others prefer to gradually introduce this inner dog to a woman of deep interest in hopes that she will eventually decide that she likes the dog. In places like England, Ireland, Scotland, Australia, and New Zealand, many men freely allow and encourage their dogs to chase pussy from one end of the town to the other! Some men have completely given up on training their inner dog after having tried. Sadly enough, some men don’t even realize they have an inner dog. And they never realize it until they do something totally regretful. In my personal case, I was single and made a vow to God in prayer that I would never bed a married woman. Never mind the fact that premarital sex is a sin in the Bible! Well, one night, under the spell of Red Dog and the enchantment of a woman who I’d kissed before noticing a wedding ring on her finger, I broke that vow.
Many men out there know just what I am talking about. Maybe some of them have made complete asses of themselves before they realized that there was this little obnoxious and annoying puppy in their inner being. Eventually, a puppy becomes a dog. And the dog eventually may reign supreme…or so it seems.
I’m here to tell you: You can teach an old dog new tricks!
In the Marine Corps, I used to be one of the most hopeless womanizers. I should have been in school, getting a bachelor degree at the base educational facility. But I was in the bars instead, carousing and chasing the fairer sex. Eventually, I met my ex-wife and my current wife. And, sure! I had a period of wildness between my divorce and my second marriage. To me, it was a good time to let my dog off its leash.
Anyone who knew me when I was single would probably have never guessed that I would be one of the most faithful men a woman could ever hope to marry. And my ex-wife and wife both know that I am a truly honorable husband.
So how did I go from being the canine king to the faithful husband of the year? I trained my inner dog. And here is how you can too:
Single man dog training:
- Don’t get involved with anyone with whom you work! It may seem cool and exciting at first, but there is nothing cool about getting shit-canned because you dipped your pen in company ink. Just try feeding your dog when you don’t have any money coming in!
- Don’t mix business with pleasure. Because the people with whom you work may be able to get dirt on you to use at a later date.
- Always wear a condom during sexual encounters. A pregnant woman either becomes your wife or rich on your tab. Keep in mind that every father should make great efforts to support his children. Getting married can also crimp your lifestyle if you are not ready for it. In this case, your dog may not just roll over; he may just roll over and play dead!
- Control your liquor intake, or it will control you. Your dog may just go barking up the wrong tree! I found this out when I was drinking under age in 1989. A gorgeous babe was staring at me from the other side of the bar. So I just walked up to her and started kissing her. I thought things were going very well until I felt a tap on my shoulder. Next thing you know, I turn and get sucker punched. To add insult to injury, I was too drunk to defend myself. If I had been more sober, maybe I would have realized this girl was at the bar with her boyfriend who ended up not taking too well to seeing us kissing.
- When you are wasted, do not get behind the wheel of a vehicle. You really should not even do it if you have had anything to drink. But I got into the habit of tossing my keys into the air and seeing if I could catch them as I walked out to my car. I never did have trouble catching them. And I never did get pulled over and busted for having been drinking.
Married man dog training:
- Never allow yourself to be alone with another woman other than your wife in enclosed quarters. If you have to, be sure to leave a door open so that you may be able to have witnesses if the time ever comes for that. A good witness comes in handy when your watch dog isn’t watching closely enough.
- Never let your dog go where it doesn’t need to be. Just as you would never let your dog run around in the streets, you need to watch where you maintain your company. Married men have no business being in bars. Some men think that wearing a wedding ring in a bar will keep women from hitting on them. Actually it is quite the opposite. Many women take great pride in luring men away from their marriages and in between their sheets. Neither do they have any business being in their home with only another woman who is not their wife. Likewise, they should not be in another dwelling alone with another woman who is not their wife.
- Don’t fall for society’s stimulating suggestiveness. Women wearing next to nothing advertising whatever it is they are advertising is likely to make your dog drool. Be strong! Don’t let your dog go anywhere near such advertising, no matter how much it tempts you to stare. Television shows now glorify cheating on your spouse. Talk about a sure way to get your dog into the doghouse if not put down altogether!
- Always remember that honor is a rare commodity in today’s world. Who says a dog cannot be a gentleman? There is a painting of a bunch of dogs playing cards together. So I guess this artwork blows that theory to hell!
These are some of the ways that I have trained my inner dog (at least as far as the married tips; for I used to always let my dog run stray when I was single!). So what about your inner dog? Is it ready for a Scooby Snack?